Thursday, July 05, 2007

Back from Las Vegas!!!

So, I am back in Tampa after a fun time in Vegas. Reflecting on the last few days I can only come up with positive experiences.

I found my Blackjack stride (Thanks to Adrian/Monica), and the one time I played cash I came out in the Green. A big difference between the Pocket Queens debacle last year where I lost $140 bucks in 1 hand. I think I am now addicted to Roulette even though I don't win much at it lol. I think the thrill of watching the ball roll around and come to a stop provides a rush.

After I made that deal in the 1-table satellite I bum rushed a guy holding $500 dollars in his hand, which was the exact amount of the tournament chip in my pocket. I ran up to him and said hey you buying into a tournament? Cash my chip out, and I started grabbing for the money and handing him the chip. It was a short asian guy and he was kind of mumbling and grumbling then he handed over the cash and took the chip. I said thanks and was off to count my new found green. I was walking back towards Adrian and he was looking at my like WTF??? He said do you know who that was? I was like no. He said that was Can Kim Hua a pro poker player, he made several WPT final tables and a few WSOP final tables. I was like really? I didn't even notice all I saw was the money. I looked the guy up online, he is a good damn poker player LOL. Thanks Can Kim!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cardplayer.com/players/results/Can-Kim-Hua/176


On the last night before I was leaving for the airport, we all went to Planet Hollywood to eat at Pampas one of those Brazilian Skewer places the food was good. Then we hit the tables again for one last round of Blackjack, but we played Roulette first and didn't hit anything LOL. I was up about $75 at Blackjack and Adrian said last hand because we had to leave for the airport. Both him and Monica said put it all in, me being a little bit tipsy from drinking Adios's said what the hell and pushed all my money on the circle. There was about $175 or so in there, and the dealer starts dealing, I believe I got a 10 with the first card, and a 9 with the second one. The dealer had a Queen showing, and I was like "s*it" she's going to have 20, but she flipped over a 6 she hit and busted WOOT!!!!!!!!!! Then on the real last hand LOL, I put in $100 bet, and the dealer dealt me a 10 and a King, I thought the $100 was a lock until she flopped over a 10 and a 4 then hit and got a 7 for 21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I flipped her 5 bucks collected my chips and left lol.

It kind of sucks to be back, and at work, but I guess all good things come to an end. We had so much fun, you guys can ask Adrian about his lasting memory of me and Blackjack from this trip LOL.

No comments: